Recently I have been researching some of what I learned in my vision and realized that their suggestions are not that new or unique. Some were used by ancient cultures, some are used now but not on a large scale. It is my hope that this blog will grow and people will submit additional tips and techniques not in my dream. I will start by posting my initial dream.
It was late one winter's eve when I laid my head on my pillow. The
snow was softly floating to the ground. It was so peaceful to watch it
fall flake after flake. Soon all was white around me. I reached
forth and and hand reached out to me. "Come with me and I will show you",
the voice said. I followed as they led me through the white and out into
the green pastures surrounded by reds, yellows, pinks and oranges. Flowers
of all kinds. "Where am I?" I asked. "You are on Gliese" the voice
said, "You could have a world like this too." "But how?" I asked, "We have
billions of people living here." "That is no excuse. There are
billions of stars in the sky", the voice said, "All it takes is a walk back
through history. Edward Burke once said that “Those who don't know history
are destined to repeat it." "I see what you mean. All we have to do
is look back in time to see how people used to do things", I said.
I awoke with a paper in my hand. It was all in my writing but I didn't remember writing it.
- Use locally grown or made resources. Back in the olden days, we only imported things we could not get locally. Now we import because its cheaper. But importing things uses up fuel, puts wear and tear on vehicles that will need to be repurchased. Require additional preparations for travel. Also, during transport some items may get broken or rot. That means things are wasted.
- Why bleach paper products, why put unnecessary additives in foods. Sometimes additives are put in foods simple so they last longer during transportation. In the case of paper, if we are simply scribbling down notes do we really need pure white paper. If we are going to jot down a small note why use a full sheet of paper.
- It seems every year we hear something different about what containers are more environmentally friendly. Use paper cups, use plastic cups, don`t use plastic bottles. Well who really cares what the container is made of as long as we reuse it over and over. Better one plastic cup than 1000 of any type of cup. Let`s stop fighting and just focus on what is important.
- Make it more economical to fix things rather than just replacing it. There are many examples of this ranging from cars, computers, electronics, music medium such as cds, dvds, tapes. A friend of mine gave me a recent example of this. He bought a laptop a year ago for $399 plus tax from the local Best Buy store. It turns out the screen got damaged. It was under warranty for repairs but the screen was not covered. It turns out the screen plus labor would cost $453 to repair. So it would cost almost $100 more to repair the computer than it would to just go buy a new one. Then you get MP`s complaining about electronics ending up in the dump.
- Stop changing the storage formats. We need to fix it so the industry is not making money only on new models and formats. This goes for cars, computers and electronics that are not upgradable or it is cheaper to buy a new one. This goes for the media industry too. LP, Tape, CD, DVD, Blueray, HD DVD. Do we really need all these formats? Do we really need all these incompatible players?
I am not sure if some of these items are too harsh or not. I just wrote them how I found them when I awoke from my vision.
I am hoping to hear from all of you with your ideas, tips, tricks, resources on how we can make this planet an Ideal World. I love kermit the frog but I have to disagree, "It's easy being green". My email address is email@example.com I look forward to hearing from you.